Friday, March 6, 2009

The Shoenista turns into Dear Abby...

Dear Shoenista:

I’m off to Paris in two weeks and while I’m very excited, my feet are a little hesitant. As a New York City gal I do a lot of walking, but I will be truly putting my feet to the test, making my rounds through the “city of lights”. During my last trip I had the good fortune of being there in the summer, when flip flops and sandals can give your feet a stylish break. No such luck this time! I already have all my stylish outfits selected (in my mind at least, I don’t pack until the “day of”), but my shoes on the other hand are up in the air. I’m looking for the perfect flat. My dream flat would be like my dream man--dark, handsome, comfortable, trusty, classic, stylish and perfect for any occasion. Also, unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that our economy is pretty much the equivalent of dog poo, so affordability is key! Can you help me out Shoenista, if not for me, for my aching dogs! Woof, woof!

xoxo

Soleless in Paris

p.s. I also have flat feet *ouch*!


Dear Soleless in Paris,

I simply cannot explain how elated I was to receive your email. Obviously you already know that I live to give you women and men advice on what should and should not be gracing your feet, so I am more than ready to get down to business. I agree that black should be the color of choice...it goes with everything. I would also like to express my insane jealousy of your trip to the big "City of Lights" and all things fashionable. Remember Shoey on your travels! ;)

Elie Tahari, Sale $138.60

PhotobucketPhotobucket
These are really sweet ballet flats. Available in both black and silver with a dash of garnish at the toe and comfort of a rubber pieced sole, I think these may love your feet as much as you love them!

MICHAEL Michael Kors, Sale $89.25
Photobucket
A bow makes everything better, doesn't it? It can feminize (is that even a word??) just about anything! The patent leather doesn't make a shabby showing on these Michael Kors flats either. Great with a dress, skirt, slacks or jeans!

Marc by Marc Jacobs, $250
Photobucket
Not black and probably not in the range you were looking to spend, but oh-so-adorable! I figured that I would slip them in there!

Kate Spade, Sale $99.99
Photobucket
Ultra-classy for a simple flat shoe. You can wear these years from now. The puzzle ornament from the right foot will be the missing link to the left. How fun!

Jeffrey Campbell, Sale $71.40
Photobucket
Because flats usually lose some style points, I figured the corseted ankle would bring a little sexy back. Still this shoe is quite versatile!

Alexandre Herchcovitch, $119

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A little sporty, a little hipster and a whole lot of cute! Yes, they are plastic...a collaboration between A.H. and Melissa...but I'm sure they are comfy! Just remember your socks!


Christian Louboutin, $539
Photobucket
Just in case you changed your mind about spending a boat load or by some miraculous event this Debbie-Downer of an economy changes or you meet Mr. Tall, Dark and Rich...at this point handsome is not so important... I took it upon myself to throw in the jeweled flat from Monsieur Louboutin himself. You are after all going to be in his homeland...shouldn't you go prepared???


No comments: