Friday, September 5, 2008

Fashion Week: Nuj Novakhett

Yesterday was officially my first day covering a Fashion Show, let alone a show for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2009 collections. Being as though I am covering the shows for Front of the House PR company/blog, as a novice I was quite nervous, not really knowing exactly what to expect and felt as though I needed to bring my "A" game to represent their company. We all know the industry can be quite brutal, but even though I was a ball of nerves my appearance and the confidence I conjured up spoke for itself and was my protection against the odds!

So here was my journey yesterday...come follow me. I traveled to 320 Studios on the West Side of Manhattan to the 14th fl. to view the Spring 2009 collection from Nuj Novakhett I was there a bit early so I took my place by the window and chatted it up with a fellow journalist while I sipped my wine. Both did me a world of good. As the crowd filed into the bare white space a cloud of anticipation grew and we all waited anxiously (at least I did) for the commencement of the show.

Being quite informal with standing room only, we were free to take all the photos we desired and/or needed. No space was off limits. The models were positioned on a raised platform, visible from all sides and rotated appropriately. Pretty cool, huh? This enabled the room of press and buyers to view the collection at a even pace where we were actually able to enjoy the pieces as opposed to the customary catwalk one-off. Feminine, tailored, goddess dresses, skirts and blouses kept the crowds attention.
resized_medium_nuj novakhett
resized_nuj novakhett
edited
edited

The shoes did what they do best...pulled together an already chic look. They were provided from Marcello Toshi's Spring 08 collection. The pale blue, coral, ivory and black shoes were detailed carefully. Either winged, fanned-out, cut-out, or adorned, they seemed to captivate the audience just as much as the collection itself. Of course, that's where my eyes were glued! They had an almost updated vintage feel that I thought played well with the collection. As with most shoes, I cannot decide which one I love most.
edited
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I apologize for the coral shoe picture. Models do have the most horrific feet!

Even though I'll be covering these shows focusing heavily on the apparel content for Front of the House blog, I will share with you pics from the collections, but here, we will stay focused on shoes. After all that's why we're all here, right? Trust and believe, we will all be amazed at the designers and collections. Be sure to check out my coverage of the collections on Front of the House as well!

1 comment:

mrsFAB said...

Yea, that coral shoe pic...I was wondering what was up with that!