Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Art Imitates my Shoe Love

If you're reading this blog, it's quite likely that you are just as much a lover of shoes as I am or you just like to hear me ramble on aimlessly about my feet and how I like to adorn them! Either way, I think you'll find the following just as heart warming as I have.

Through my diligent blog surfing, I encountered some artiste that harbor similar feelings to ours, except they chose to depict their love in a much more artistic manner...painting.

The Diva Muse, was the first one I spotted. I loved her bio and was a bit partial to her because she is a mom and depicted her love of art and creating it as her outlet for maintaining her sanity as well as showcasing her talents. A feeling that is newly adopted in my life as well, it hit home.

"The Falling Purse" piece which every woman can relate to features countless lady-tries tumbling out of an already full purse. We ladies carry our whole life in there...all of our just-in-cases, our can't-leave-home-without-it, and even the toy car(s) for the little one.
Photobucket

Here are a few more of her prints, available for purchase as t-shirts at Red Bubble.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The second artist is, Janet Hill. Her pictures are based on all things feminine. They not only include shoes, but women and all the things stereotypically associated with them. They possess a romantic, shabby-chic, classic feel. These were the ones I liked, but unfortunately are all SOLD. If you're interested, check out her Janet Hill Studio store.

"Blue Bows"
Photobucket

"Powder Blue Pumps"
Photobucket

"Open toes"
Photobucket

2 comments:

mrsFAB said...

this was a great post. I love "The Falling Purse". And those tees.... soFAB!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my work on your blog. I have to say that it is an honor to be recognized, especially by someone who shares my love for shoes and style in general.

Your acknowledgment is greatly appreciated.

The Diva Muse