Thursday, June 26, 2008

Imitation...

is the best form of flattery! Or, so they say. Is it just a lack of personal creativeness and uniqueness, or is it truly a compliment to the Mastermind?? Steve Madden has obviously chosen the latter and to pour salt in the wounds of these High-End Designers that he clones, he is laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm assuming his philosophy lies somewhere in the realm of "Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can have the carbon-copy for a fraction less?" As I stare in my wallet, I totally pump my fists, but being The Shoenista, my feet know better. It just really is not the same.

Should you sacrifice quality or is it truly about Brand loyalty? You be the judge.

Christian Dior $780
Photobucket
Steve Madden $109
Photobucket

Guiseppe Zanotti $554
Photobucket
Steve Madden $69
Photobucket


Dolce Gabbana $820
Photobucket
Steve Madden $139
Photobucket


Balenciaga $$$
Photobucket
Steve Madden $99
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

steve madden got the jook's on every thing!!! i dont knoo if it's convenient for the shoppers with shallow wallets or is it just "cheating"... which ever, his shoes are hot but i just can't trust them!!