Thursday, July 24, 2008

Event Recap: Shane & Shawn Present "Ladies Night"

Photobucket

Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of attending "Ladies Night" at the Shane & Shawn's shoe emporium on Mulberry St. in NYC, which just happened to be hosted by Jillian Lewis from Season 4 of Project Runway. Jillian possesses a polished, sophisticated style which qualified her as one of my favs along with Miss Honey himself, Christian Siriano, and Rami Kashou.

The event was chock-full of shoe obsessed women looking to score their next fix and a glass of Belvedere to boot!
Photobucket
This label, designed by twin brothers Shane and Shawn, is relatively new to me so I figured I'd do a bit of inquiring within the crowd to get a feel for what the fans, which transcend quite a few age and ethnic backgrounds, had to say. The most common validation related to price. A greater portion of the women I spoke with felt as though they were presented with a product that they liked as well as a price they felt was more than reasonable. FYI, the Ladies shoes range from $130-$230, which include athletic footwear, flats and a variety of pumps (they also produce a Men's Line as well).

Now, I must truthfully admit, I was not completely blown away by the selection of footwear, but what I did appreciate was the attention to detail and comfort. Certain shoes are fashioned with the signature "S&S" heel logos as well as padded insoles...a girls feet could not ask for more!
Photobucket
As I normally say, "someone will love them", and obviously with the fan base demonstrated last evening, it is proven that a few someone's do! By the way, Queen of all Media, Wendy Williams, will be featuring this designing duo on her television talk show Friday, July 25th. I'm sure it is a definite MUST SEE TV event!

Here are a few photos featuring some Shane & Shawn product, my fav- The Belvedere, the event-goers and lookers on. Enjoy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Boots Shoes said...

I like this blog really nice thanks for sharing