Thursday, July 10, 2008

High Heel-a-thon

Photobucket
The Grand Prize Winner

So, why didn't anyone inform me of this? Granted, I should have known, but sometimes being consumed with things other than shoes tends to disrupt my concentration! I was visibly upset the entire day! Why you ask? Because the Grand Prize was $25K! Do you know how many Louboutins that can buy? Ok, ok, maybe about 3...lol...but, dammit I could have won that money easy-cheesy! I'm friggin Jackie Joyner-Kersee in heels.

Exhale...so, this was actually for a good cause. Kelly Ripa, the undead co-host of the Live with Regis and Kelly duo, organized this marathon to raise money in support of the March of Dimes organization, which is dedicated in promoting healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. The concept behind this theme was taken from the Annual Glamour Stiletto Marathon held in Amsterdam where the prize is about $20K. Spinoffs of this event are also held in Berlin, Stockholm and Moscow. See, the love for stilettos is universal.

Below are a few pictures of the participants...aren't those some of the ugliest shoes you've ever seen??? I know, I know it's a marathon...whatever!

The Winner, along with Regis & Kelly
Photobucket

Runner-up, Prize of $5,000
Photobucket

Participants
Photobucket

More Participants, and some fool ass dude!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SMH... those were some ugly shoes.