Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project Runway Recap- Season 5, Week 3

So, I missed last week's Recap, but I'm back in effect today! My feelings towards this season are anything but psyched. Being one of my all time favorite shows, because it incorporates all things loved by The Shoenista (fashion, make-up, creativity and scores of gay men)I feel that the contestants this season just aren't measuring up to the talents of the past 4. I
believe Bravo TV is showing their ass...can I blame them, not really. Nonetheless, I tune in each week to see who will make a spectacle of themselves and prove how null and void of talent they really are. Wow, that was harsh...shrugs...moving right along!

Last nights challenge, "Bright Lights-Big City", was to create a design for a Night Out on the Town in NYC. The designers, and I use that term loosely this season, were to interpret scenes from around the city into their designs. They were able to take pictures of manic Manhattan at night and utilize them as inspiration. Apologetically, I do not have footage of their inspirations...maybe you can take a few guesses. View the following to see how it went. As for the shoes...Bluefly does not have all shoes featured on their website, so again, I improvised!


Designer: Kenley...THE WINNER! And rightfully so.
Inspiration: A tile that with a splash of color...or something. I heart this soooooo much. I'd wear it everywhere! My absolute fav!
Photobucket

Roberto Cavalli $508
Photobucket


Designer: Leanne
Inspiration: A tree planter. Executed beautifully!!!
Photobucket

Gucci $620
Photobucket


Designer: Blayne
Inspiration: I honestly cannot remember his inspiration. I must have been puke on the outside of some NYC local bar. Gross!
Photobucket

Gabriella Rocha $60
Photobucket


Designer: Daniel
Inspiration: Don't remember his either. I light post maybe?
Photobucket


Stuart Weitzman
$171
Photobucket


Designer: Jerrell
Inspiration: A tree? I dunno...he's pretty dull!
Photobucket

Charles David $85.99
Photobucket


Designer: Joe
Inspiration: A light fixture, which he did replicate pretty well, even though I still thought it was a big snooze.
Photobucket

Guiseppe Zanotti $341
Photobucket


Designer: Kelli
Inspiration: Don't know, don't care...I likey alot!
Photobucket

Guiseppe Zanotti $909
Photobucket


Designer: Korto
Inspiration: No idea! I do like it though. Simple. Elegant.
Photobucket

Versace $528
Photobucket


Designer: Stella
Inspiration: Blayne's soon to be leather face!!! Seriously, I have no idea. It was going to be leather anyway, so does it matter????
Photobucket

RSVP $75
Photobucket


Designer: Suede
Inspiration: His fantasy tranny dress! I could have bought this at Rainbow Stores if I really wanted it. Really Suede, is that all that Suede is capable of?
Photobucket

Yves Saint Laurent $680
Photobucket


Designer: Terri
Inspiration: Graffiti. Eh, wasn't orgasmic enough for me!
Photobucket

Miu Miu $344
Photobucket


Designer: Keith, aka I take non-talented self way tooooo seriously
Inspiration: Charmin toilet tissue! I kid, I kid...it was a tattered newspaper, but its really the same thing no? Looks like shit to me.
Photobucket

Givenchy $514
Photobucket

Designer: Jennifer
Inspiration: Her grandmother at age 5???? Had to be something OLD!
Photobucket

Bettye Muller $207.99
Photobucket


Designer: Emily...THE LOSER!
Inspiration: A streak of bright light against the dark night. Its quite possible that the light blinded her and she thought she saw Chiquita Banana in the pic!
Photobucket

Yves Saint Laurent $528
Photobucket

We'll wrap this up again next week. Let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Hey Girl -

Honey, it takes me some TIME to write this mess. Hence no recap until just a few minutes ago.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

XOXOXOXOXO

S A V V Y Fatty!...uhhh...DUH! said...

I LOVE Kenley's design!
So emm'effin' 80s and modern at the same time!
Reminds me of a blouse my mom used to rock to the club with PURPLE stirrups.
Ahhh...the 80s!