Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wedding Bells are Ringing

Tis' the season for getting married! I actually love going to weddings...why you ask? Where else can you go dressed to the nines and are able to eat, drink and dance until you throw up- for FREE??? Love it, love it, love it. What I do hate? Those god-awful dresses and stripper-esque lucite shoes. Yuck! Seriously, if my man of SEVEN YEARS actually grows balls big enough to ask me, then I'll be sporting a really chic suit and these Christian Louboutin Anemone darlings...Photobucket
Hell, I'd wear these alone!

But what should the more traditional bride slip into? My take on it is that, just because you cannot see them, doesn't mean they should not look good. Allow them to be either precious keepsakes or shoes that you are able to wear again without the bride-shoe stigma attached to them.

For instance, if you are more into memorabilia check out Sergio Rossi's collection of bridal shoes. He not only offers classic styles, but also the option of time stamping you and hubby's name and the date of your nuptuals inside your precious shoe!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That would satisfy your "something new", but what if you were looking for something blue? The ever mythical Christian Louboutin blue-soled wedding shoe, was once available, but because of some legal battles the line was discontinued. I'll show you them just to tease you anyhow...
Photobucket
But, if you still crave that "something blue" on your feet, then there are definitely a few options. 1. You can dye a pair of satin, white shoes or 2. You can just purchase a pair! Brian Atwood has created two in particular that I am a fan of. They are two different shades of blue, but do the job superbly!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Add a little "vintage" to the mix for the "something old". This pair from Haberdashery, an online vintage shop, can be a beautiful accent to the perfect dress!
Photobucket

I've searched the web endlessly for shoes that can be borrowed, and came up with nill! So, instead I've decided to give you a few more "new" options from My Glass Slipper. Enjoy!

Guiseppe Zanotti
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kate Spade
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok mama... I like the Guiseppe Zanotti joints (the 3rd pair right about the Kate Spades)

I got an idea for your site... if you have the free time and your out shoe shopping take pics of shoes on display at random "non famous" boutiques around New York with your camera phone. Call the feature "Non Name brand Shoe of the Week or Month"

Anonymous said...

Why was I just thinking about what I would wear to my wedding? Though I guess I'll have to find a husband first. Those black Louboutins are beyond fierce. Love them!

Anonymous said...

oh and you should definitely consider joining The Urban Style Collective! Love your blog!

http://theurbanstylecollective.ning.com/?xgi=eHnXERd

Reesie said...

DAMN those Louboutins are HOT! I can definitely picture myself strutting down the isle in those stopping for everyone to drool over them...

Wes said...

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a big fan of ribbons & bows... I LOVE the Christian Louboutin Anemone shoes!!!! FIYAH!