Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fancy Footwork

So ladies, the honor was bestowed upon me to have a guest spot on fellow blog, Style Weekly,so I'd love for all of you to check out this Fashion site. Many thanks to Malikah, for allowing me to shine!
Unfortunately, my story was slightly edited, so I am going to post the original version here, along with my Bio...I hope you enjoy! Kisses Shoe Sluts!

Fancy Footwork

The Shoenista was born and bred in the Bronx, better known as the Boogie Down. Raised in a household where everyone possessed an insane shoe fetish, it was hard to resist what she was naturally bred to love. She was educated in the good Catholic school way, complete with the naughty little skirts and cute footwear to boot. It was the only way to distinguish one’s individualism amongst the identical uniformed masses. After graduating from Berkeley College in White Plains, New York, with her “crew” dubbed the “club girls” for putting forth the daily initiative not to show up to class in tacky pajama bottoms, The Shoenista dove head first into the fashion industry. Placing the notches of Visual Merchandiser, Personal Shopper, and Assistant Buyer under her belt, she still craved an outlet to express her burning passion for shoes. In addition to raving about shoes and fashion trends, she enjoys dining with the girls and gallivanting about the great NYC.
The Shoenista lays down her stilettos in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, with her uber-creative and hot gentleman and their beautiful son.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the industry there are Designers and then there are true Artiste. Not to take anything away from those who produce beautiful pieces, but there are the select few who are not afraid to deviate from the norm and create true works of art not only fit for your feet to enjoy, but oh so pleasing to the eyes!

The Gina footwear empire of the UK can be likened to Jacob the Jeweler only because of the superfluous use of jewels. All shoes bling-bling with countless Swarovski crystals. This couture house of Shoes and Handbags is mastermined by three brothers, the legacy of their Father who envisioned and birthed the business. This beauty below is a magnificent display of pure artistic genius. This shoe is so exclusive, the price is only available upon request!
Photobucket

Have you managed to close your jaw yet? Yup, me neither! I don’t believe there are many words to sum up the wonderful eccentricities of this Junko Shimada piece. I shan't dare call them shoes(in my god awful faux-Brit accent). There needs to be another word added to Webster’s to define them. All I can think of is my desire of donning an intricate silk kimono with these babies or watching countless re-runs of Bewitched! And priced at $5,400, they will remain a desire. A definite museum piece.
Photobucket

British Designer, Nicholas Kirkwood, has demolished the poker face. He has set the wager so high, that he may have outdone himself! The turquoise satin and snakeskin slingbacks look like they are ready to take flight, and I’d love to be the pilot. So majestic and regal, the appropriate and obvious inspiration is the Butterfly. These can be yours for only $695. If I must say so myself, quite reasonable!
Photobucket

And last but definitely not least, we will be left with stars in our eyes. Monsieur Laurent left us with so many things to be grateful for and his footwear is just one of them. Paying homage to the great Andre Perugia, these shoes are nothing less than star-studded. Honestly, I think he made these with moi in mind. He knew someday I’d be a star and would need the appropriate footwear to strut in. We thank you…I thank you! Oh, and might I add, they are available for $1,090!
Photobucket

No comments: