Monday, July 28, 2008

The Other Knowles....Solange

Photobucket

We have all come to know and love (for the most part), Mrs. Beyonce Knowles-Carter. I don't know if that is her married name, but let's just roll with it. We all know Mrs. Tina Knowles...although we'd like to forget her designs...and of course Daddy Knowles, aka Pimp Daddy, literally. But what about Solange? I, for one dig Solange...dare I say I dig her more than Beyonce??? Perhaps.

For the most part I believe that Beyonce's image is completely fabricated. She is an awesome entertainer, but lacks any pizzazz and personality. No, I don't know the chick, but her interviews are just as soothing as a lullaby...guaranteed sleepy time! But Ms. Solange is all sass and spunk and I think she is finally coming into her own. Her style included. She definitely plays up her assests- always donning the cutest strapless short dresses and long and lean pants to show off those shoulders and stems. But the one thing I dig the most is always her off color choice of footwear. It screams personality!

The pics are a little dated, but they are a few of my favorite Solange moments! And if you haven't already...check out her video! Fiyyyaaaahhh!




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Reesie said...

LOL...I for one am sick seeing and listening to Beyonce. Never gave Solange a second look but from these pics I'm liking her style.

U BRING ME JOI said...

solange does dress HOT! i love the shoes and how she isn't too matchy matchy!

mrsFAB said...

Ummmmmm.......*thinking of something nice to say*

*sidebar* Did you see Ms. Tina's low-budget clothing/handbag/shoe line? She hocks, I mean sells it on HSN.com. It's called.....Ms. Tina! It's just as bad as "House of Doing it Wrong."

Now back to Solo...I wish her well.And she does have a cute unique style.